Aug 5, 2007

Another round of colds?!? No no no!

Brayden came down with another cold over the weekend, poor little guy. And as of this afternoon, Jeff has announced that he is also feeling punky and believes he's on his way to getting sick as well. It's only been in the past week or so that I feel as if I'm finally over that horrendous bout of bronchitis/borderline pneumonia from a few months ago -- and here it comes again! UGH! Just the thought of being that sick again is making me crazy! I have washed my hands a zillion times today with anti-bacteria soap. I am driving Jeff crazy because every time he touches something -- coffee pot, door knobs, telephone, remote -- I'm right behind him with a Clorox-wipe! And - drum roll - I have announced that I am sleeping in the guest room tonight. He's starting to cough and hack and I do NOT want those germs landing on me all night! I'm not sure Jeff understands how serious I am about this. I was SO sick that last time -- sicker than I ever remember being in my life -- and I just don't want to go through that again! So, for the first time in 30 years, we're intentionally going to be sleeping in separate beds. Aside from Jeff's cold, today was a nice quiet day. I spent several hours in my quilt room, got all caught up on laundry, made a nice roast chicken dinner, and watched the NASCAR race. Jeff and I are both in a fantasy NASCAR game on ESPN -- and I am real pleased to announce that I am STILL in first place :) I do a lot of reading during the week, pay attention to qualifying and practices, pay attention to who's trying to get into the Top 12 for the Chase, and make good solid decisions. Of course, "things happen" but I've been in the #1 slot for the past 4 out of 5 weeks, so I'm doing something right. Jeff is now in 3rd place, but has been as low as 8th! Our weather here in southwestern Ohio is nothing but NASTY. They've just changed the upcoming week's forecast to very high 90's to low 100's for the entire week! UGH! Of course this area has very high humidity as well, so when you go outside it feels like there is absolutely no air to breath. On the days I have Brayden it will be difficult to keep him in the house, but going outside is just plain unhealthy. Last big news -- I'm going CAR SHOPPING this week! Finally! I followed Jeff over to the mechanic's to pick up his car on Friday, and my car spewed out big puffs of gray smoke the entire way. When we got back to the house, I got out of the car and said, "That's it. I'm not driving this anymore." It is absolutely on it's last legs and I am not going to break down along the road in 100 degree weather. So I am going to drive Jeff to work on Tuesday morning so I can have his car, and hi ho hi ho, car shopping I go. I just need to test drive a few and pick out what I want, get everything drawn up, and Jeff will stop after work and sign the paperwork. Done deal. I can't wait! I have been without a reliable car for WAY too long. There's just no reason why we haven't bought one long before this!!! But - no more complaining. I'm getting one this week, and I'm really happy about it. I had test driven the Ford Fusion and really really liked it, but now I'm thinking about getting something smaller and better on gas. I would like to drive up to New England and visit Tricia and Paul, so gas prices are a consideration. We'll see!!!

No comments: