Mar 27, 2014

Winner Winner - Chicken Alfredo Dinner

I have a lot of veggies in my refrigerator right now, so needed to use some up. In my last trip to the grocery store, I found Butelli's Alfredo Sauce on sale, and had a coupon, so it was a bargain I couldn't pass up. Here's what I made:

Ingredients:
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
4 turkey sausage links, each cut into about 8 pieces*
1/2 cup broccoli florets
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced green pepper
1/2 cup diced carrots
1 cayenne pepper, diced
1 leftover ear of corn, pre-cooked, cut kernels cut off cob
1 jar Butelli's Alfredo sauce
Black pepper
1/3 box spaghetti, cooked and drained according to package directions

Put olive oil in deep fry pan and heat on medium heat. Add garlic, onions, green pepper, and carrots. Stir and cook until onions are translucent.  Use spatula to move veggies over to one side, and add chicken (add a little more olive oil if needed). Cook until no longer pink. Add sausage, diced cayenne pepper, and corn. Cook for 2 minutes to heat through. Add Alfredo Sauce and black pepper. Cover and put on very low heat.

Meanwhile, heat water to cook spaghetti. Cook 3-4 servings according to package directions.

Serve Veggie Chicken Alfredo mixture over spaghetti. Grate fresh parmesiano-romano cheese over top.

My Notes:

You could probably use some diced jalepeno pepper in place of the cayenne.  But that kick of heat adds some real needed flavor to the dish.

The black pepper is because I love black pepper in Alfredo sauce. Use as you wish.

I cooked 4 servings of spaghetti because I knew my husband would eat 2 servings of this, and I wanted one serving left over for his lunch the next day. There was the perfect amount of sauce for a generous 4 servings.

*I think cooked Shrimp would also be good in this dish, but I had chicken so that's what I used. I added the sausage only because the chicken breast I took out of the freezer was very small. The sausage is definitely optional (but tasted great!).

If I'd had black olives, I would have added some chopped once the sauce was in the pan. Again, I just love the combination of Alfredo Sauce and black olives.

Another leftover idea for the sauce: Use it as a pizza topping. Mmmmm. Love Alfredo pizza.



No comments: