Nov 19, 2010

My long list of home DIY projects

I've decided to make a list of all the home projects I want to get done. Lists remind me. Lists help me keep organized. This particular list isn't a "do it now" list, but more of a "do it as you have time - but do it" kind of list.


Master Bedroom:
Find nightstands for master bedroom at local auctions or thrift stores.
Paint (to repurpose) master bedroom dressers.
Headboard, headboard, headboard.

Quilt/Sewing Room:
Build cubby-type storage for quilt room. (See this link.)
Move metal shelves from quilt room to basement for pantry storage.

Kitchen:
Paint kitchen cupboards. (Check out this link!)

Guest Bathroom:
Paint downstairs bathroom, including cabinet.
Hang new mirror over sink.
Find new artwork/accessories.
Check Habitat for Humanity store for bathroom lighting - or buy new.

Family Room:
Get rid of that ugly recliner in family room!!
Paint family room.
New curtains? Watch for ideas/sales.
Find new comfy chair for family room at auction, re-upholster if necessary.
Create wall display of old mirrors (See at Anthropologie.)

Hallway:
Frame and hang old family pictures. (Idea from this blog post.)

Outside:
Increase workable size of vegetable garden by moving perennials to new garden.
Have apple tree trimmed by arborist - grow usable apples!
Move clothesline so it's more accessible.

Start serious herb garden next to patio.
Prune grape vines - let's make jelly again!

Miscellaneous:
Move forward on idea for making pillows out of (you'll have to find out!) for family room sofa.
Watch for frame for sailboat artwork - sale or auction.

That's all I can think of for now. I will probably add to it as I think of it. At some point I'll add this to the side of my blog so I can keep track of what gets done.

No comments: