Jan 25, 2010

Healing. FaceBook. A New Adventure. A Recipe Blog

Thank you for your patience while I've been absent from my blog(s). My shoulder is feeling 75% better. Still not 100%, but far better than it was back in September and October. I had x-rays and MRI's and physical therapy three times a week - and you know what helped the most? Simply taking it easy and give the darn tendon time to heal. If I'm not careful I extend it to far and I'm in pain again, so I really have to be careful... not to do too much housework (ha! no problem there!), not to be on the computer for more than 30 minutes total per day, not to lay on that side, etc. But I can live with that if it means my shoulder will continue to heal.
Joan Johnson | Create Your Badge

Are you on FaceBook? Just this week I connected with one of my best childhood friends, and I'm so excited about it. I actually looked on the Internet for her many, many times, with no luck. Last week I looked at friends of friends of friends, and finally found her. She's on a trip to Israel right now so we really haven't had a chance to catch up, but we will! I'm 1200 miles away from family and closest friends, and FaceBook has really given us an opportunity to communicate on an almost daily basis. We can exchange photos, play games, or do nothing at all. It's just been a great way to stay in touch. Jeff and I are just getting ready to start a new adventure! We have rented a booth at the local Antique Mall. The plan is to get rid of all the antiques and collectibles in the basement, and make some extra money at the same time. I have been very successful on Ebay in the past, but Ebay has changed and it's difficult these days to be noticed amongst the million other people who are selling the identical item that you are. What you want to sell for $15.00, you find someone else selling for .50 cents with free shipping! With increases in postage, and Ebay and PayPal fees, it's just not worth it anymore. So... we move on. And we move on to the Antique Mall. It's a Mall we go to frequently, so we know there's good foot traffic and reputable dealers. I will take photos of our booth once we get set up. If anyone in the Ohio area wants an address, email me privately after Feb. 1st. We've spent the past three days sorting and cleaning and pricing. It's difficult to believe how much "stuff" we've acquired over the years. I think I may be putting some vintage fabrics in the booth, but not right away. Well, that's all my time on the computer for today. I'm off to do some catching up on reading blogs now! Before I forget, if you're looking for some wonderful, "old school" recipes (most of them are for what I think of as comfort food), do check out a great recipe site, Recipes on a Blog. This is not a fancy-schmancy blog - just recipes put on a blog so the author, Lucy, doesn't forget them. They're worth checking out.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Have you tried Craigslist? We've had some luck on that site. Don't let one random murderer turn you off to using a great site!

RoeH said...

Well...aren't you the nice person! But then I knew than all along. When I first put that blog together it was titled -- Recipes on a blog because I'm tired of them on top of the fridge.....or something like that. Which was literal. I had recipes on top of the fridge, under the fridge, in drawers everywhere in the house, in closets, in old purses...sadly, it goes on. I finally found the way to organize them. Thank you technology, computers, Blogger Inc, for making my life easier. :) And thanks for the shout-out!