Aug 31, 2009

Meatless Crockpot Dinner recipe - Moroccan Lentil Stew

I love lentils and I love curry. So this recipe really appeals to me - especially when thinking about the upcoming cool nights of Fall and Winter. Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 9 hours, Ingredients: 1 cup dried lentils, sorted and rinsed 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cubed 10 small new red potatoes, cubed 1 onion, chopped 4 cloves garlic, minced 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes, undrained 1 Tbsp. curry powder 1/2 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. white pepper 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper 2 cups water 8 oz. pkg. frozen cut green beans, thawed Preparation: Combine all ingredients except green beans in a 3-4 quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours until lentils, squash, and potatoes are tender when tested with knife. Increase heat to high setting. Stir in thawed green beans, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until mixture is thoroughly heated and beans are tender. 6 servings

2 comments:

Tricia, CZT said...

Sounds like a delicious meal... and I love crock-pot/slow cooker meals.

Do you have a nutritional breakdown for servings? Or can you direct me to the nutritional information?

Thank you!
Tricia

Joan J said...

Sorry, Tricia - I have NO idea where I got this recipe and don't have the nutritional breakdown. I tend to look at fat, calories, sodium amounts, and if it fits in my "mental scale" it's a good recipe. You could plug the ingredients into fitday.com and see what it comes up with.