Dec 2, 2008

Christmas Tree quilt almost finished

Wow - it's been way too long since the Quilt Bug bit around here. But bite it finally did! I'm almost finished with this wallhanging for my family room -- just need to finish tying the tree squares (I like the dimension the tying adds to the tree - the off white background is actually machine quilted, and the tree outline-quilted to give it some more dimension.), and add a bit of machine quilting to the outer border, then add the binding. Can you see my major mistake?? (Click on the photo to view a larger image.) I put in a "knife edge" narrow red border before adding the dark brown border, and didn't realize it was going to hide the top of my tree! I appliqued in this little red bird: The off-white background is already machine quilted, I just need to do some quilting on the borders and add the binding. I may actually finish this one! There's a link to this free pattern on my Quilting on a Budget blog -- look at the posting for November 25th.

3 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

That's going to be a cute Christmas decoration. I printed off the last block of the Debbie Mumm Christmas BOM quilt this morning but unlikely that I will get it pieced and the rest of the quilt made for THIS holiday! Next year.....

Tina said...

Joan - You've done very well getting back into your quilt room! I have lots to catch up on! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I don't think I will get anything more accomplished before the holidays with quilting, but plan to get my room done. Tina

Dixie's Whimsey said...

Love the quilt! especially the little red bird, so precious! I wish I had the skill and the patience!