Dec 2, 2008

Christmas Tree quilt almost finished

Wow - it's been way too long since the Quilt Bug bit around here. But bite it finally did! I'm almost finished with this wallhanging for my family room -- just need to finish tying the tree squares (I like the dimension the tying adds to the tree - the off white background is actually machine quilted, and the tree outline-quilted to give it some more dimension.), and add a bit of machine quilting to the outer border, then add the binding. Can you see my major mistake?? (Click on the photo to view a larger image.) I put in a "knife edge" narrow red border before adding the dark brown border, and didn't realize it was going to hide the top of my tree! I appliqued in this little red bird: The off-white background is already machine quilted, I just need to do some quilting on the borders and add the binding. I may actually finish this one! There's a link to this free pattern on my Quilting on a Budget blog -- look at the posting for November 25th.

3 comments:

The Calico Quilter said...

That's going to be a cute Christmas decoration. I printed off the last block of the Debbie Mumm Christmas BOM quilt this morning but unlikely that I will get it pieced and the rest of the quilt made for THIS holiday! Next year.....

Tina said...

Joan - You've done very well getting back into your quilt room! I have lots to catch up on! Thanks for your comments on my blog. I don't think I will get anything more accomplished before the holidays with quilting, but plan to get my room done. Tina

Dixie said...

Love the quilt! especially the little red bird, so precious! I wish I had the skill and the patience!