Nov 18, 2008

The Flu Season hits

For the first time in ten years, my husband actually stayed home from work and called in sick. I honestly can't remember the last time any illness put him down and out, but around 1pm on Sunday, he sniffled a few times and said he felt he might be getting a cold. By 8pm that night, he was down for the count. I have never seen anything hit him this fast and this hard. Of course, we were scheduled to go get our flu shots this week! I am frantically washing my hands, chomping vitamin c, zinc, and euchanacia (or however you spell it), and.. another first... sleeping in the guest room. Brayden's other babysitter is taking him extra days so we don't expose him to it. So I'm not blogging as much because I'm making chicken soup and cups of tea with honey and lemon, and running around behind my husband (when he does get out of bed) wiping things down with Clorox wipes! Tomorrow (Thursday) I am going to try and get out of the house for at least a little while -- maybe a quick trip down to Ikea -- and get some germ-free air in me! So send good healing thoughts Jeff's way -- and germ-defensive thoughts my way :) And just FYI - I've heard NOTHING in response to my two emails to Thornton's. Not one word, no apology, nothing.

1 comment:

RoeH said...

Ick! I hate being sick. And I haven't been for several years now. That's scary. Watch...tomorrow morning......coughcough.