Oct 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my Window... red begonias and yellows mums flowering - in my neighbor's garden! I am thinking... of how I can get laundry and paperwork done today, and still find some time to sew. I am thankful for... My house is clean, there's fresh linens on our bed, and the cat has not bitten me for almost a week. Life is good. From the kitchen... pork roast thawing for tonight's dinner. I am wearing... light gray capris, orange 3/4 sleeve t-shirt, no shoes, no socks. Temps in the 80's today! I am reading... "A Book of One's Own: People and Their Diaries" by Thomas Mallon. Fascinating! Also Jimmy Buffett's new book, "Swine Not" - surprised at how much I'm enjoying it (listening to the audio book). I am hoping... to really get motivated on doing some new home dec projects I have in my head. I am creating... a folder of home dec ideas I've seen in magazines that I know I can make myself. I am hearing... Water bubbling in the aquarium, "KidStuff" channel from Sirius radio, even though there's no kid here today! Around the house... Because of my two big days of housework last week, I don't have a large to do list today! Yay! Need to make up the guest bed and do some laundry. One of my favorite things... when my husband WANTS peanut butter and jelly in his lunch. How easy is that! A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Sale shopping and lunch with Lynne on Tuesday, babysitting on Wednesday and Friday, trip to the library, and a whole bunch of sewing. Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... 'Nuff said...

2 comments:

Jen said...

You have a very cute blog. I enjoyed your daybook. I will be back to see your list of crafts you want to do. Our church is having a woman's craft day and I'm so excited for it.

Unknown said...

That is a hilarious outhouse!

And hooray for clean houses!