Jun 9, 2008

Busy week


I have a lot of things I need to get done this week, aside from my regular household cleaning, tending to the garden, babysitting for Brayden, etc. I need to make a list to keep myself organized this week, so here it is:

1. Laundry - including bedding because it drys so quickly out on the line during this hot weather. DONE
2. Meijer's store - Apparently the only place you can buy Cremora in our area these days. I don't normally shop this store, but I need to stop by and buy 10 bottles of Cremora to stock up. I went. No Cremora. That means NO store in our area sells Cremora. Bah humbug.
3. Coupon clipping -- I sent Jeff out to buy two Sunday papers -- he came back with FOUR! All this coupon-ing apparently appeals to the accountant in him :) I have a lot of coupons to clip and my CVS, Walgreens and Kroger deals to plan. DONE
4. Menu-planning - after I do the above.
5. Vet appointment - Tuesday. Oh boy. Joey loves his cage and the trip in the car -- NOT. DONE
6. Time Warner Cable repairman on Friday - Don't even get me started on Time Warner Cable these days. I'm still recovering from getting hung up on, then getting a recording at 10:10 am that their offices weren't open, then having my entire DVR box erase all our taped shows. RRRRR
7. More weeding -- this wet Spring and now hot weather is just been an incubator for weeds. The gardens I weeded just two weeks ago are over-run with weeds again, despite mulching and putting PREEN on them. I'll save this for the end of the week when slightly cooler and less humid weather is supposed to arrive. - DONE
8. Call telephone company to come trim trees hanging over our wires -- this may appease the next-door-neighbor a bit as well, since they are trees near the one he wanted to cut down. Done, but only informed by Cincinnati Bell that they no longer provide this service ahead of time -- they wait for things to break. Higher prices, less service...that's the way these days!
9. Buy a new fountain for the little pond in the front of the house - our plastic turtle has succumbed to plastic-turtle-disease and needs to be replaced.
10. Hair cut - Long overdue!

I now have Brayden on Thursdays and Fridays, so I need to re-arrange my normal weekly schedule. Here's what I've come up with:
  • Mondays - Coupon clipping, sale planning, menu planning, other paperwork and filing, possible CVS or Walgreens trip, Laundry (weather permitting)
  • Tuesdays - Housework - upstairs
  • Wednesday - Housework - downstairs, laundry (weather permitting)
  • Thursday - Brayden, gardening
  • Friday - Brayden, yard sales, possible 2nd CVS/Walgreens trip if sales warrant it
  • Saturday - Quick housecleaning and pickup, grocery shopping
  • Sunday - Gardening, relax, fun stuff

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I can relate to your issues with Time Warner. It is frustrating isn't it?

Best of luck getting everything done this week...hope you have a great one! :)