May 11, 2008

A Mother's Day Tribute to Three Mom's

I'm having a great Mother's Day. I received a "Happy Momma's Day" from my grandson this morning. How cool is that? I just want to say Happy Mother's Day to the three very best Mother's I know. First, my step-mother, Barbara. She knows how much I appreciate all she did for me when I was a teenager, though, like many step-kids, I didn't appreciate it at the time. She brought structure to my life, she taught me what a mother should be, and she showed me just how much patience and love of life one single person could have. Happy Mother's Day, Mom. Second, is my friend, Karen. I know she'll read this. Karen was my kids' babysitter when they were 3 and 4 up to when they were 6 and 8 and we moved to Ohio. Karen taught my kids discipline and manners. She is the only person I have ever met that can take 6 kids under 6 years of age to an amusement park or beach by herself. I am so grateful she was in my kids' lives -- and so grateful that she is my friend. Happy Mother's Day, Karen -- and Happy Grandma's Day! Lastly, I want to give a nod to my daughter -- a new Mom, but a great Mom. She's a single mother who works hard to make a good life for her son. Despite being sometimes overwhelmed with taking care of her house and holding down a highly responsible job, she always has time to play with Brayden, and she always has time to give him lots of kisses and hugs. She wants a good future for both herself and her son, and she's working hard to get there. I'm so proud of her. Happy Mother's Day, sweetie! And Happy Mother's Day to both my kids. Thank you for being exactly who you are. On this Mother's Day, I'm thankful that my kids have made it to adulthood safe and sound and that they are both adults that I am proud of. They both make it so easy to appreciate being a mother. Big hugs to you both.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan,
Thanks for the kudos! It was my pleasure to be part of your children's lives. That's been the joy of being a daycare provider...hoping that you've been a positive influence in the lives of children and families. The fact that we are such good friends was just a bonus!
Happy Mother's Day! Love, Karen :)