Mar 13, 2008

The Terrible Two's Revisted

(Well, Lisa - you were right! The post was on my other blog! Geesh!! LOL Thanks for pointing it out to me!) Well, my darling sweet grandson, who turned two on March 1st, is apparently started his Terrible Two's. The good news? He does it in just the sweetest way imaginable. For example, I'll ask him if he needs dry pants and he lets out a big long sigh...... and says.... "Nooooooooo" in the calmest voice you can imagine -- even if he's standing in front of you practically dripping wet. LOL! A week ago he was driving me crazy -- he would say my name "Umma" (for Gramma) and then he would repeat it and repeat it and repeat it, even though I'd responded to him! ACK! My kids used to do that when they were little and it drove me crazy then! But... Brayden finally learned how to say Joey's (the killer cat) name, and now walks about 6 inches behind Joey at all times, yelling DOUGHIE DOUGHIE DOUGHIE DOUGHIE DOUGHIE DOUGHIE DOUGHIE... Hahahahahaha... too too funny. So I know it's now all about giving Brayden choices, and trying NOT to ask him "yes" or "no" questions unless you're willing to actually go along with the NO answer you're going to get. For example, "Brayden, it's time to put on your jacket..." instead of "Brayden, do you want to get your jacket on?" LOL Ask him if he wants to wear a certain outfit and you might as well pack a lunch, because you're going to be there all day, since he'll say NO to every single one. Show him two outfits and ask him which one he wants to wear.... you're good to go :) Yesterday while he was here I was making a cup of coffee (he shakes the sweet n' low packet for me, puts it in my coffee, helps me add the cream, and stirs), and once it was made, he asked me if it was hot? I said yes. He looked up at me and said, "Umpa - sssssssssslllllllluuuuuurrrrppppp" -- making the same sound Jeff makes when he drinks hot coffee! LOL I laughed, and took a sip of my coffee and he looked at me again and said...."AAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" LOL! That's what *I* say when I have my first sip of coffee!!!! Observant little kid! Jeff's on vacation next week and I will have Brayden on Friday only. I admit to looking forward to a little bit of a break from babysitting two full days, but I also know I'm going to miss him! It's amazing how quickly you get used to having the little guy around for company! Although Jeff will be home from work, we're not planning on doing anything -- it's just a "get things done" week -- BUYING A NEW CAR (!), cleaning up the yard for Spring, getting the title to the SUV so we can donate it, some bank things to take care of, some house maintenance etc. It will be nice to have him home though -- and nice to sleep late!

No comments: