Mar 15, 2008

The Inquisitive Two's

Brayden was here for the day yesterday (our standard Friday), and my goodness - I was absolutely worn out by the time he left! I think in Brayden's case the Terrible Two's should be changed to "The Inquisitive Two's". I could not take my eyes off him for a second or off he went -- up the stairs by himself or opening the sliding patio door by himself or deciding he REALLY needed to know exactly what was under the kitchen sink (cleaning products)... He is really flexing his independence muscles, believe me. (And just so everyone who's reading this has some peace of mind -- Jeff is off this week and we'll be installing all those child-guard devices we bought and thought we wouldn't need!)

Of course, besides following him all day, he also made me smile. Since he learned the word "No," he has used it for many improper occassions -- such as me telling me "No!" when I tell him it's time to change his diaper. When he does this, I tell him he's not allowed to tell Umma "No" when I ask him to do something, and I go get him and bring him to whatever it is he's supposed to be doing. So yesterday, I say "Brayden, come lay on the monkey blanket -- I need to change your diaper." Our couch is katty-corner in our family room (leaving a large space where I store Brayden's larger toys but they can't be seen), and Brayden headed behind the couch and crouched down... and I hear "NO, Umma!" "NO, Umma!" "NO, Umma!" about fifty times!!! LOL! I guess he thought if I couldn't see him I certainly could never hear him tell me no!!!

But who could ever be upset with this sweet faced child?

No comments: