Feb 9, 2008

My low fat low sugar dessert recipe

I don't know how I've forgotten about this recipe. I used to make it when the kids were at home and they loved it. It couldn't possibly be easier or have less ingredients! There's another "Pineapple Dump Cake" recipe out there, but you have to add butter and canned cherry pie filling -- both way too high in sugar for what I want. So here's a great recipe - very light but very very tasty: ANGEL FOOD PINEAPPLE CAKE 1 20 oz can of crushed pinapple in its own juice 1 box of 1 step angel food cake mix (1 step kind)* Mix these ingredients together and bake in an oblong cake pan at 325 degrees for about 25 to 30 min. *Make sure you buy the angel food cake mix that requires the addition of WATER only! The other kind (add eggs and oil) doesn't work for this recipe. I bought BETTY CROCKER ANGEL FOOD WHITE cake mix. The recipe doesn't state to grease the cake pan and I don't remember if I did or not, so I think I'll just use Pam Spray.

No comments: