Jul 27, 2007

Pajama Party!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my DD, Mary! Twenty-six years old!! My gosh, I am so so so very proud of her and what she's accomplished in her life. If you're reading this, sweetie, Happy happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. You certainly deserve it . As part of her birthday present, DH and I are taking our DGS, Brayden, overnight tonight. He'll arrive around 6pm and stay until 6pm tomorrow. DH and I will be curled up in a corner, exhausted, by 6:15pm tomorrow! LOL! But, with a smile on our faces. I thought today I'd make some banana bread and introduce Brayden to "Gramma's cooking". This is an old tried and true Bisquick recipe: Banana Bread 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed 2/3 cup sugar (I'll be using 1/3 c sugar, 1/3 c Splenda) 1/4 cup milk 3 tbsp vegetable oil (I'll use Canola oil) 1/2 tsp vanilla 3 eggs 2 2/3 cup Bisquick 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I'll omit these this time) 1/2 tsp cinnamon (not in original recipe, so optional) Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan. Stir all ingredients together, pour into pan. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes in pan, then loosen and place on rack to continue cooling. When completely cool, wrap in alum. foil and keep in refrigerator.

No comments: