Jul 30, 2007

Monday's To Do List

I've lately come to the realization that Monday's are just a non-productive day for me. So instead of wasting my day feeling guilty about not getting any housework done, I've decided to accept it and just deal with it :) How much easier life will be if I'm not beating myself up every Monday! So my To Do list today is short, sweet, and quilt related.
  • Clean up kitchen, wipe down counters, dishes into dishwasher - done
  • Finish laundry - 1 load left in dryer - done
  • Sweep kitchen - done
  • Re-program thermostat up two degrees (for this week's 90 degree weather) - done
  • Make bed - done
  • Make Jeff's breakfast - done (English muffin, scrambled eggs)
  • Pack Jeff's lunch - done
  • Run dishwasher and put dishes away - done
  • Clean and re-organize quilt room - done
  • Empty upstairs trash cans - done
  • Clean cat box - done
  • Added: Wash Kitchen Floor - done
  • Added: Clean master bath - done
That's not so bad! I can live with that! Jeff has poker here this Friday night. This is a group of 7 guys that have played poker together for 20 years. They play once a month and rotate houses, so we only have it here about every 7th month. I have to come up with something to feed them - dinner and dessert. I saw a great recipe for an ice cream sandwich cake I want to try (but would never make just for Jeff and I because we'd eat it all!), but still have to think of the main course. I think it will be something like meatball subs or pork barbeque on kaiser rolls (it's a southern thang), but haven't decided yet. Here's the recipe for the SO-EASY ICE CREAM CAKE From the Kraft Food & Family magazine - subscribe for FREE at kraftfoods.com 1/2 cup fudge ice cream topping, warmed 1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed 1 pkg (4-serving size) Jello Chocolate flavor instant pudding 8 oreo cookies 12 vanilla ice cream sandwiches Pour the fudge topping into a medium bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the whipped topping with a wire whisk until it's well blended. Add in the dry pudding mix; stir 2 minutes or until well blended. The consistency of the fudge topping can vary depending on what brand you purchase. If it's too thick, stir in 1/4 cup milk to thin. Chop the Oreo cookies roughly into chunks. Stir into the pudding mixture. Arrange 4 layers of ice cream sandwiches side by side on a 24 x 12 inch piece of aluminum foil. Top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers. Top last layer of pudding mixture with remaining 4 ice cream sandwiches. Frost the top and sides with remaining Cool Whip (it doesn't have to look perfect). Bring up the foil around sides and fold top and ends loosely to seal. Freeze at least four hours before serving. Let stand at room temp to soften slightly before serving. Makes 12 servings. I was just remembering that when the kids were young and we had poker here, it meant I would have to clean for a solid week to get the house ready! Now I just need to wax the dining room table and give the downstairs bathroom a quick clean and possibly wash the kitchen floor on Friday (Brayden is feeding himself now and my floor is taking the brunt of his learning this new skill!). It's so much easier to keep things clean than to run around like a maniac because someone's coming into the house. Thank you Flylady!!

No comments: