Sep 30, 2012

Flea Market finds

We're having gorgeous Fall weather here in southwestern Ohio, and what better way to enjoy it than to head to the local Sunday flea market with my husband!

I found this absolute gem, which I've been coveting at my friend Lynn's house for a few years now. Talk about a multi-tasker... 

First, it's a chair. (Lynn has two as stools at her kitchen counter!)


But with just the turn of a wingnut or two, next it's an ironing board!


Oh but wait - turn those wingnuts again and fold the ironing board the other way -- and it's a tall step stool or - and this is probably what I'll use it for - a display shelf!


Do you love it?? I do! And the price - $15!!

I also picked up a nice stack of polka-dot quilting fabric - about 3 yards total - for $2.00, and two very large muslin feedsacks for $1 each, which I think I may use to make some unique sofa pillows.

Sorry, light wasn't very good - they're much more colorful than photo shows!

My husband picked up some military medals (he collects all things World War II) and a long, narrow wooden frame to fit a military photo he's wanted to frame for a while now.

It was a successful day at the flea market!

1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

Great finds!! Lovin that ironing board/stool/ladder find! So unique!!