Jan 3, 2009

That's how it's made

The holidays are over - except I still haven't taken my tree or room decorations down and honestly, there are still three presents under the tree for the grandchild who apparently has the "gimme" chromosome missing from his DNA. There were five, but he opened two more yesterday. Funny kid. So life gets back to normal as of today. Back to my daily To Do lists, back to my frugal spending, back to my housework and staying up with the laundry -- all things that have taken a backseat to my whining about the holidays. Grocery shopping today, so for the first time I got to print my shopping list from my voice-activated shopping list maker thingie. My question is: Who put NIPPLES on my shopping list??? Geesh... A conversation with Brayden while he played with PlayDoh (and you can see this in the video below -- but this is a translation for you. And 'scuse the drool -- he's getting some heavy duty teeth in, apparently!) B: I've been working on this for a long time. Me: Yes you have B: This is a Air... Me: An air? B: A air gishener. Me: An air freshener? B: A air queshener Me: (laughing) B: A air squishener Me: An air conditioner? B: Yeah, an air conditioner. Me: That's a lot of work - to make an air conditioner out of playdoh. B: What am I making? Me: What are you making? B: A circle. Me: OK, a circle. B: I'm doing it on both sides. Can you do that? Me: Yes, I can do that. B: See that little star right there? That's how I move it (the playdoh roller in his hand). B: I've been working on this? Me: Yes, a long time. B: Where's my bellybutton? Me: ??? B: My bellybutton is going to turn into a circle. ... That's how it's made. Lordy, what would I do without this child to make me laugh???

4 comments:

Karen said...

Brayden is so adorable, Joan! I love the way he talks. It's going to be so much fun when Emily is talking. I know how much you enjoy him!

Joan J said...

He's my cutie-patootie, for sure. At two, he barely spoke. Now he's 33 months and it is just like this, 24/7. A running commentary on life. I love it :)

Anonymous said...

CUTE video! Had to play it a few times. He does seem like quite a chatterbox now!

Dixie said...

Kiddos are just so adorable... especially when their our own grand-kiddos! Thanks for sharing your sweetie Bradyden with us all!