Nov 24, 2008

A Simple Woman's DayBook 11/24/08

For today, Monday, November 24th: Outside my window... It's dark, dreary, rainy, cold - a good night for a fire in the fireplace. I am thinking... that I need to make a "final" grocery shopping list. I am thankful for... my husband having so much vacation time left! He'll be working 3 day weeks for the rest of the year. From the kitchen... A little voice saying, "Get off the computer! Come start dinner"! (the voice is mine) I am wearing... gray sweatshirt jacket, jeans, rust brown t-shirt I am creating... Christmas presents - socks, mittens, scarves and more. I am going... to get my haircut SHORT one of these days. I swear I am. I am reading... "Someone Knows My Name" by Lawrence Hill. I am hoping... to have my Christmas shopping done by the end of this month. I am hearing... the washing machine spinning, the dryer rumbling Around the house... turkey defrosting, napkins and linens need to be ironed while watching tv tonight, a bag of fabric beside my door to Freecycle (I spent some time decluttering my quilting room today), a bag of things to send to Niki ready to mail tomorrow, a package to mail to Lisa. One of my favorite things... My entire family sitting around the holiday table -- I do wish my son and DIL could be with us. A few plans for the rest of the week: See below for Monday thru Thursday. From Friday noon to Saturday noon, we'll be babysitting Brayden and I plan on working on a Christmas craft with him (for him to give to others). Saturday afternoon, I hope, will be relax, watch a good movie and do some knitting time, and Sunday? I have no idea. A picture I want to share with you is... This is the smile that lights up our lives. Blog your own daybook by going to The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments: