Sep 3, 2008

Today's To Do List

One of the best benefits of kicking junk food to the curb and eating healthy is the increase in energy! I was feeling SO sluggish and SO tired -- and this morning I woke up, jumped out of bed, and was ready to go go go. Ahhh - that's a much better feeling than just wishing I could roll over and stay in bed all day (not that I ever did, but I definitely wanted to!). I actually exercised yesterday! Only for about 5 minutes, but whenever I start exercising after being a glorified couch potato for awhile, I get back into it slowly. I don't want my muscles to hurt, and I want my body to have time to adjust. But hey - 5 minutes today, 10 tomorrow, and off we go! I was proud of myself for doing any exercise at all! Let me also add that I've now lost 6 lbs. I know most of that was water weight and a big result of cutting sodium back drastically, but hey - 6 lbs is 6 lbs and I don't care what kind of pounds it is! I'm happy! I will admit right here for the entire world to see (or at least those who read my blog) that I'd gained back 54 lbs.... ugh! So now it's 6 down, 48 to go to get back to my "feeling healthy" weight. So my To Do List today is a bit longer than usual, but that's because I have more energy today than I've had in a long time (feels like years) and I'm taking advantage of it. (Hey, I'm no dummy!) Today's To Do List Ironing Jeff's work clothes Transfer audio book to my mp3 player Clean up and sweep deck and patio Check hot tub chemicals - turn hot tub off for 24 hours Collect all trash, upstairs and down Clean out refrigerator Change kitty litter box Take trash out to curb Grocery shopping (need some fruits and berries) Walgreens (coffee on sale) *Mail DVDs for Swapadvd.com Call Cable Company Make bed Make Jeff's breakfast Pack Jeff's lunch Laundry - wash, hang out, dry, fold, put away *Upstairs cobweb patrol *Start vacation planning/packing list Run dishwasher - put dishes away *Getting rid of old DVD's at SwapaDVD.com is really working out well for me. This morning I had requests for three DVD's in my email. I simply go to the website and print off a label, stuff each DVD into a 5x7 envelope, tape the label on, and put it in my mail box. I purchase postage on the site by using my PayPal account, so the label I print off includes postage. It couldn't be easier! I have ordered several DVD's from them (in exchange for the credits I get when I send mine off) and all have been in excellent working condition. It probably would be a bit cheaper to drive the packaged DVD's to the post office (I get charged a PayPal fee and a .50 SwapaDVD fee when I buy postage through them), but it's worth it to me just for the convenience. I've been put on a waiting list for some of the more popular (recent) DVD's, but have gotten 3 out of 6 I've been wait-listed for, so that's not bad! Considering what most Ebay sellers want for postage for DVD's these days, not to mention what NEW DVD's sell for, I am saving big bucks AND decluttering our old DVD's. It's all good! *Cob web patrol - I have a long-handled feather-duster and schedule myself to go around the entire house once a month and take a swish at wall corners. It doesn't take 10 minutes to do the entire 2-story house, and it's well worth the time spent! I don't think there's anything that makes a house look messier than cob webs in the corners! *Vacation Planning/Packing List - On September 11, Jeff and I are taking Brayden to Hocking Hills (Logan, OH) for a mini-vacation (4 days). We have a house there that we've rented before (and will rent again, I'm sure!), right on the lake and in the woods with a spectacular deck, hot tub, full kitchen, two bedrooms and every comfort you can imagine (and, might I add, much less expensive than an "average" hotel!). This will be the first time we take Brayden with us, so I want to make sure and plan activities for each day we're there (a tired two year old is a GOOD thing!). We know the county fair will be going on, and I've found a ranch that does 10 minute pony rides (Brayden has ridden a pony before and loved it), but I also want us to do some short hikes and perhaps rent a boat for a few hours. In addition to activities, I've got to plan all the "extra's" a two year old requires, including gates for stairs, portable sides for beds (he is still in a crib and we won't have one), etc. to keep him safe. Although I know both Jeff and I will be exhausted at the end of our mini-vacation, I'm REALLY looking forward to taking Brayden new places! He's so well behaved and excited when we do new things, that it's just a joy to take him with us. My daughter is doing SUCH a good job with him!! Now it's off the computer and get some of this To Do List done!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Hi, Joan. We have gone to Hocking Hills and have really liked it. I think we tried to hit all the trails in 3 days, and were exhausted! hehe
If you ever decide to rent your home there, let me know. We are trying to plan a mini-vacation within driving distance of Cinti, in Sept or Oct. And I wouldn't mind going back to Hocking Hills.
Tina

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! I wish I had the least little bit of determination to lose some......somehow I gained 15 pounds since we've been married. sigh.............

Joan J said...

Don't feel so bad, Karen. It's my official proclaimation that BEING IN LOVE has calories! It also slows down your metabolism and prevents cravings for fruits and vegetables. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Anonymous said...

You always inspire me to do more around the house-but Wow if you have more energy than usual-you must be like the energizer bunny zooming around your house:)!