Jul 27, 2008

The fruits of my labor

Son Jeff and DIL Lisa arrived on Thursday and it was SO wonderful to see them! I swear, there's nothing like a great big ol' bear hug from my son -- he does it with such enthusiasm! We saw them for a few hours, but they will be returning today to stay a few days with us. I think it was more difficult for them to split their time up between families than it is for us. Lisa's family lives just 20 miles away, and the first part of their trip has been spent with them (and JJ attending as many Cincinnati Reds baseball games in as humanly possible), and the latter part of their vacation with us. Brayden got to meet his Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lisa, and they got along beautifully. JJ and Brayden played soccer in the back yard, then moved on to hitting golf balls. Brayden had a ball. Lisa spent time with him throwing rocks in the creek, which was another "hit" with Brayden. He'll be able to spend more time with them this evening and again tomorrow. Jeff and I went to the annual Hammacher-Schlemmer warehouse sale yesterday and OH BOY did I find a bargain! A professional Steam Press! Normally $249, on sale for (drum roll here....) $24.99!!! There were only six of them in the sale, so I grabbed two and called my sewing friend Lynn to see if she wanted the second one (Of course she did!). I can't wait to give it a try. I'm seeing perfectly pressed final blocks for my quilts, as well as an easier way to steam iron large yardage of fabric that I've prewashed. Today is my daughter's 27th birthday -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY!!! She will be coming over this afternoon to celebrate with a family cookout, cake, and lots of love. Of course, she won't eat the cake -- as she has lost 91 lbs. -- from a size 26 down to a size 12!! I will make a big salad with tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden for her, and I think she'll eat a small piece of steak. She will never ever get the "awww...just eat ONE piece?" or "one piece won't hurt..." from me! I'm proud of her for this major accomplishment! Today I'm running to the store to buy a new grill -- ours has been on it's last legs for a few weeks now, and I'd planned on buying a new one when they went on sale towards the end of the summer. I need to wrap Mary's present and make the salad, and then I'm done! The house is clean! Yay! Laundry is all caught up! Yay! OK, so the garden isn't 100% weeded, but it's not too bad. Half-a-Yay! Today will be the first day of just hanging around the house and enjoying having both my kids with me and NO HOUSEWORK. Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Mary on her weight loss. She should be very proud of her success. Please share a picture with us of her new size 14 body. Sue

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant new size 12 body. Sue