Feb 17, 2008

Wooooo Hooooo - It's Race Day!

Racing season is finally back! Yippy Skippy! Today was the Daytona 500 -- congrats to Ryan Newman for his win (yeah - he was one of my 5 fantasy racing picks!). I felt bad for Kyle Busch -- SO close and yet so far. And Dale Jr. was a bit of a disappointment, but at least he did better than his team mates, which is good. Jeff and I normally tape the race on our DVR, then watch it an hour or two after it starts because we like to fast forward through the commercials. Today, however, we decided to watch it live so we could have Sirius radio tuned in to the driver channels at the same time. But Holy Cow, there were a LOT of commercials. The race ran about 3 1/2 hours, and I bet 1 1/2 hours of that was commercials. Every 10 laps or so they did another 3 minutes of commercials! I know this is the "Super Bowl" of racing, but UGH... more racing, less commercials, please! Once the race started, I called Mary's house and asked what she was doing (cleaning) and what Brayden was doing (playing), so I asked her to turn the TV on and put the race on for him. She thought I was crazy, but when she turned and asked Brayden if he wanted to watch a race on TV, you could hear him running and yelling RACE RACE RACE! and then UMMA! UMMA! (that's me) as he headed for the television. Jeff and I are training him well! LOL We have races on DVD here and he likes to watch them with us. He has knows the "names" of his die cast cars -- Terry, Bobby, Dale and Kevin! And he can pick those cars out on television. Yeah baby - another race enthusiast in the family!

No comments: